Developer Log #4 :: Utilities

Started work on more of the utility items for Mercury Fallen. This week so far I finished up the power generator as well as a custom animated shader for cool throbbing power material. The shader uses a mask texture as well as using the internal _Time variable instead of using a script to animate the UV offsets.

The new utility room floor has also been added. I had originally planned on having a dedicated power room, but instead am now having power, water and oxygen generation machines all put in to the same room. I didn’t see much benefit to separating those in to separate room types.





I still have to get power/water and oxygen systems actually generating said resources as well as being used by existing machines, but one step at a time.

So far I’m pretty excited about the look and feel of the game and the progress that I’m making. As a solo developer the development takes time, but it’s a lot of fun to work on.

Archive Content