Another week and another update for Mercury Fallen. After the big fixes in the last update I wanted to focus back on new content. New in 0.05 is the colonist management screen and the ability to rename colonists.
A highly requested feature has been the ability to better manage the job roles for the colonists. With the new management screen you can now manage all of your colonists from one place. The new interface can be accessed by pressing the ‘Tab’ which is rebind-able in the settings.
Change colonist job names in both the new management screen as well as the existing info panel.
Also available in the new management interface is the ability to rename your facility. The facility name will be used for save game names.
There are, of course, some additional minor changes and bug fixes. Take a look at the release notes below for the full list of changes.
- New management interface for managing colonist job roles. New interface additionally shows population information as well overall population percentage on core attributes. Toggle colonist management with ‘Tab’ key.
- Can now rename your colonists in both the info window and new colonist management screen
- Can now rename your facility in the new management screen.
- Save game names use the facility name
- Resource requirements increased for various buildable objects
- Colonists sleep for longer periods. Sleeping on the floor is longer than sleeping in a bed.
- Minor decrease to how long a colonist can go without sleep
- Additional UI sounds
- Minor UI text changes
- Colonist will no longer eat at a table that hasn’t been constructed yet
- Fixed issue with starting stasis capsules facing structures
- Colonists no longer show carried items when performing other actions such as sleeping
- Fixed issue with some wall corners showing the wrong room material
- Power/Water consumption on game HUD now correctly shows if you are over capacity
- Selected object info window will now properly show when clicking an object for a second time after pressing escape to close the window