Alpha 0.14.5 patch update is now live on Steam! This is a smaller update to fix and improve various elements of Mercury Fallen while development continues on the planetary exploration content update.
New Game Interface
The updated new game interface offers new map sizes. Map sizes are now 80×80 (Small), 100×100 (Normal) and 150×150 (Large).
The global inventory display now has a background and additional options. You can choose to view in list or category mode, toggle the display of items with zero quantity and sort alphabetically or by quantity.
Tiles marked for mining and deconstruction are now visually distinct.
Notifications are no longer hidden behind open info windows, but instead will slide out with and show to the left of info windows. Edge scrolling now works on the right screen edge with an open info window and diagonal edge scrolling at the corner of the screen now works as well. The screen panel on the medi-bed will now light up when a doctor is treating a patient.
Thank you everyone for the feedback and excitement regarding the planetary exploration content update. Be sure to follow/join on Twitter, Facebook and Discord for the latest development information and screenshots. Check out the full release notes below for all the changes and fixes.
- Added: New option buttons for the HUD Inventory list. Can now sort alphabetically and by quantity. Can toggle list/category view and hide items that have zero quantity.
- Changed: HUD Inventory panel now has a background. Background opacity increases when moused over.
- Changed: New game interface window elements have been rearranged and updated.
- Changed: New game map sizes are now 80×80, 100×100 and 150×150
- Changed: Added new background on various floating windows such as in game menu and load game.
- Changed: Notification icons now slide out to the left of an open info window instead of being hidden behind it.
- Changed: Reduced the amount of ore contained in deep mining tiles.
- Changed: Mining and Deconstruction tile highlight are now visually different each other.
- Changed: More noticeable work speed increase from colonist job levels.
- Changed: Camera edge scrolling now works with info window open on right screen edge.
- Changed: Fixed a couple of typos and updated some object descriptions.
- Changed: Various colonist action costs updated to better behave with assigned job priorities.
- Changed: Medi-bed screen now lights up when in use by a doctor.
- Changed: Optimized various model textures for better performance.
- Fixed: Disabled objects not disabled after loading save game. This fix will only apply to new save games.
- Fixed: Multiple item chests spawning on top of each other
- Fixed: Lock cursor to screen stops working after tabbing away from the game and returning.
- Fixed: Water Pump/Power Generator providing resource if conduit under generator isn’t built yet.
- Fixed: Colonist not using crop fields if aeroponic farms are placed, but there is no available plant nutrient.
- Fixed: Camera Edge scrolling not working diagonally when moving mouse to the corner of the screen.