Hope everyone is staying safe out and in there. In the last developer log I went over the new zone/room system that is in development. After some initial feedback and reviewing of the new system I’ve determined that it needs a bit more time in the oven.
That means there won’t be an Experimental branch update available this week. There is, however, a patch update available right now for everyone!
Update 26.1 is a minor patch update to address some various bugs and add a few tweaks and changes. See the release notes below for all the changes and additions.
It’s survey time again. If you have a couple of minutes, please let me know you thoughts about the game.
Update 26 Feedback Survey
Support & Follow Mercury Fallen On
Steam | Twitter | Facebook | Discord | Merch | Patreon
Changes & Additions
- Can now hold right mouse button and drag to pan camera in facility view
- Planet map now uses right mouse button instead of left mouse button for panning camera
- Wasp discovery POI now restricted to the same continent as the facility (only affects new game)
- Craft stations now show pop icon over machine to show what item was just crafted
- Water traps now show pop icon when item is caught
- Minor change to water trap graphic so that it’s positioned more clearly over water tiles
- Updated a number of research and job role descriptions
- Colonists should now prioritize aquarium actions over water traps
- Selected expedition on the planet map now shows additional information on what the expedition is waiting for in order to be ready.
- Can now cancel an expedition from its info panel if the expedition doesn’t have all items and passengers.
- Added font support for Chinese characters
- Added font support for Japanese characters
- Fixed: Equipment items not being removed correctly in some instances.
- Fixed: Vehicle in vehicle list not showing as being docked after being docked
- Fixed: Colonist take/repair damage visual effects showing in reverse
- Fixed: Colonists not receiving damage in some instances
- Fixed: Colonists not receiving negative effect from critically failing at research
- Fixed: Colonists not receiving effects from consuming food in some instances.
- Fixed: Robot Assembler not showing correct animation state (again… some more)
- Fixed: Confirmation windows causing internal error in some instances
- Fixed: Object info windows not closing when selected object is destroyed
- Fixed: Planet resource deposit still showing hover icon after deposit is depleted